Thursday 7 November 2013

Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed


GOOD

Year: 2004

I thought that after what happened in the first movie nothing in the future life of Brigitte would go wrong, but guest what, IT GOT WORST. I prefer the second movie compared to the first one as it is not always focus on Ginger. She passed away and she appeared in the film only as a ghost. I really like the character of Ghost and I knew that there was something wrong about her the moment I saw her Grand-mother (Barbara) panicked when she came by. I appreciated the fact that the story took place in different places such as the public library, a motel, a center for drug addicts and Barbara's house compared to Ginger Snaps which happened only in the regions where the two sisters lived. I was not expecting that I would end like that. When we think about all the things Brigitte has been through, it is quite unfair to finish like that. Yet it is a thriller not a fairy tale so the happy ending is not really appropriate and also happy ending do not always reflects reality as it don’t happen all the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment