Saturday 9 November 2013

The Mist


GOOD

Year: 2007

I've watched this film in 2010 and I forgot a little about it so I wanted to see it again and I reviewed it some months ago. In a whole it is a very nice film with lot of scary and deadly creatures from another dimension. I like the fact that they explained where the monsters came from because I was asking myself many questions when I was watching in the first time. I was surprised how people built up different communities when they are afraid and they turn themselves to God when they have no answers to their questions. The end on the other hand is quite disappointing. In my country we would say, lin fini bet which means literally, “it ended stupidly.” But if we reflect on that, there is a moral to this ending and for David Drayton it was next time don’t turn your back on people.” He refused to help a woman who left the supermarket and at the end he saw her alive with her children while he ended the lives of his own son, two women and an old man because he didn't want them to suffer in this new world full of horrible creatures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment